We are coming to you!
For 2017 Good Grief has changed the way it delivers learning and development opportunities to you.
Our traditional 2-day conference in Sydney will be replaced with a 4-hour afternoon session in 3 different locations to allow us to reach a wider audience.
Good Grief Connections will be travelling to Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne with a host of high – profile speakers and presenters including Prof Anne P Graham, Dr Robyn Miller, Assoc Professor Judith Murray and awarded illustrator Stephen Michael King.
The 4 hour session will consider Good Grief’s past, present and future;
· What have we learned in 20 years of Seasons for Growth
· How has Good Grief and Seasons for Growth grown in order to provide relevant and valuable experiences
· What should we consider in order to continue to support those most in need
Topic - Research and the Seasons for Growth Program - the past, present and future
Topic - Supporting children, young people and families following traumatic and complex losses
Topic - What does science tell us about the broken mind and heart?
Topic - The connection between loss, grief and mental health
· Professional learning: how to support children and families who have faced significant life changes and losses.
· Personal learning: how to support themselves and others
· Gain Insight into the impact of adverse life events on wellbeing of the child, young person, adult, family and other communities
· As Parents and Adults: how to best support children and young people in our care
Come along and connect with the Good Grief Community. Attendance counts as a reconnector for trained Companions.